As an Account Executive with Catalyst Marketing, your role is to be the primary point of contact for our clients. You will be leading meetings internally and with high profile clients on a daily basis, analyzing their respective markets to gain insight on the opportunities within their segment, and ultimately contributing your creative ideas to positively influence our clients’ and the agency’s business. You will oversee a team of junior account services team members and oversee projects from concept through the approval process and final delivery.
The world of advertising is fast-paced, highly competitive, and ever changing. Catalyst, one of the most highly regarded agencies in the Central Valley for over a decade, is currently undergoing a period of rapid growth. Now is your chance to be a part of our exceptional team, with opportunities to advance your career throughout your time with the agency. Working with a vibrant, diverse, and highly motivated team, you will gain valuable new insights and grow alongside them to bring your unique perspective, leadership and focus to our company on the latest marketing trends and future opportunities. While the position does encompass a wide variety of subjects and tasks, Catalyst constantly seeks to provide comprehensive training and support to its Account Executives.
- Serves as a member of Agency Leadership guiding internal and client-facing projects
- Oversee training and day-to-day account operations and workflow of Account Executives and Account Coordinators
- Handles start-to-finish process on new, recurring and day-to-day client projects
- Oversees start-to-finish process on recurring and day-to-day client projects assigned to junior account services staff
- Opens new jobs and coordinates workflow process from start to finish on client projects as needed
- Quickly and accurately relays Client Change Orders to all appropriate agency personnel.
- Keeps apprised of clients’ brands/products/services/marketing developments.
- Assists in preparing client status reports and billing as assigned
- Regularly checks for and responds promptly to all client and internal communications, including calls and emails
- Checks and proofs creative/production materials, copy, layouts, and production art and provides approval for materials sent from account support staff
- Keeps team apprised of the progress of clients’ projects through status reports and regular communication
- Ensures Catalyst policies and procedures are known and complied with
- Continuously works to upgrade knowledge and skills through available reading, courses and seminars
- Develop a clear understanding for assigned client scope and business needs
- Establish a mutually beneficial relationship with design and media team
- Be engaged
- Identify opportunities for career development and training
- To Catalyst for representing company interests to employees, clients and market/community, and complying with company policies and procedures.
- To Account Coordinators and Account Executives to guide and mentor junior account staff in agency and industry best practices
- To Senior Account Leaders and Client Services Director for contributing to the company’s business development by learning and mastering Catalyst’s Account Services processes and procedures.
- To other departments for ongoing cross-department communications and workflow processes with respect to assigned accounts/projects.
- To clients for ensuring Catalyst exceeds expectations, is integrated into their management team, and the agency is perceived as indispensable to their success.
- To Catalyst team members for integrity, leadership, inspiration and personal growth.
- To Senior Account Leaders and Agency Leadership for the timely and accurate processing of projects and tasks as assigned.
- 5-7 years of agency or related experience
- 3-5 years management experience in an agency or similar setting
- Proven track record managing large projects
- 4-year College Degree in Marketing, communications or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to details.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and manage deadlines
At Catalyst, we believe in development and feedback. In your role, you will be reviewed semi-annually on the following categories as they pertain to the responsibilities outlined above.
- Product/technical knowledge
- Time management
- Communication skills
- Positive attitude
- Meeting deadlines/commitments
- Problem-solving and decision-making
- Team-working and developing others
- Energy, determination and productivity
- Steadiness under pressure
- Adaptability, flexibility, and mobility
- Personal appearance and image
- Using and developing my knowledge