This Accounting Manager position requires a highly organized, detail orientated Accountant who also understands the agency media reconciliation process. The Accounting Manager is responsible for specific accounting functions relating to entry, posting and tracking accounts payable and generating and collecting accounts receivable. In addition, must demonstrate a strong understanding of accounting principles and must possess the ability to work cooperatively with staff inside and outside of the department. This position also requires self-direction, tact, and a clear, courteous and professional manner.
Reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
- Maintains all accounting files.
- Inputs vendor invoices and maintains accounts payable ledger.
- Generates client invoices and posts to proper accounts (unbilled production costs, cost of sales or expensed).
- Issues checks for supplier invoices, media invoices and other company-related expenses.
- Records all payments in cash disbursements journal.
- Closes and balances payables and disbursements journals at month end.
- Investigates all vendor inquiries.
- Runs media billing reports and completes reconciliation between dockets, spreadsheets and CAR reports.
- Secures and reconciles company credit cards.
- Consolidates billing information when a job is closed.
- Performs job costing when required.
- Maintains sales journal and receivables files.
- Receives and records bank deposits in cash receipts journal and client receivables files.
- Updates summary of accounts receivable.
- Creates and posts transactions to the general ledger.
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the Accounting department including:
- Accounts payable/receivable.
- Cash receipts.
- General ledger.
- Revenue and expenditure variance analysis.
- Capital assets reconciliations.
- Check runs.
- Establish proper accounting methods, policies and principles.
- Improve systems and procedures and initiate corrective actions.
- Assign projects and direct staff to ensure compliance and accuracy.
- Meet financial accounting objectives.
- BS degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum five years’ experience as Accounting Manager, Accounting Supervisor or Finance Manager.
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office, databases and accounting software.
- Must become an expert with agency software ie. Advantage and Strata.
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data.
- Proven knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations.
- Effective time management and organizational skills, as well as strong attention to detail.
- Ability to direct and supervise.
As an Account Coordinator with Catalyst Marketing, the role is to absorb and translate the marketing needs of clients to produce tangible advertising assets in order to help grow their brand awareness, business, bottom line, etc. Account Coordinators actively participate in meetings with high profile clients on a daily basis, analyzing their respective markets to gain insight on the opportunities within their segment, and ultimately you will be allowed the opportunity to contribute your creative ideas to positively influence their business model.
The world of advertising is exciting, highly competitive, and ever adapting, and Catalyst Marketing prides itself on being on the cutting edge of the agency world. We are immensely proud of our vibrant, diverse, and motivated young staff that you will potentially be joining. You will work, learn, and grow alongside them to bring the unique perspective of the millennial generation and focus our company on the latest marketing trends and future opportunities. Catalyst Marketing Company, while having been one of the most highly regarded agencies in the Valley for over a decade, is currently undergoing a period of rapid growth, so opportunities to move up and grow in your career will be readily available to you consistently throughout your time with Catalyst. While the position does encompass a wide variety of subjects and tasks, Catalyst constantly seeks to provide comprehensive training and support to its Account Coordinators, ensuring that our young staff is always given the tools and technical knowledge to succeed in their roles.
- 4-year college degree
- Computer proficiency; advanced knowledge of Excel is a plus
- Proactive problem-solving ability
- Highly organized, with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Understanding of marketing fundamentals
- Deadline-oriented with a sense of urgency
- Ability to collaborate well with staff, clients, and vendors at all levels
- Self-starter, high energy, assertive, take charge personality
Job Type: Full-time